Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yarn Bombing!

Here is a sample of something new I have been trying. I bought this book: Yarn Bombing by Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain, all about knitted graffiti! Ha! I saw the subtitle and I almost couldn't believe it. Still, there is some really pretty artwork in yarn out there on the streets. Best of all, it's the kind of graffiti that doesn't do any damage to the structure it is attached to.

Here are some examples that are featured in the book:













As you can see, knitted graffiti can range from the simple to the complex.

My first attempts are VERY simple. But still cute! Sorry for the poor quality. Installing knitted graffiti requires being a little stealthy, and all I could manage was my cell phone camera. :-D










It is goofy how much joy knitted door handles bring me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!, you are too cute with your knitted graffiti. You need to get a hidden camera to catch reactions too. What exactly does a person think when they discover knit graffiti? Love it!

    ReplyDelete