Saturday, January 9, 2010

Copying Sarah

My friend Sarah from college decided to make it her New Year's Resolution to blog regularly. It is really neat to hear what is going on with her family and life. I am sad to admit that I am one of those facebook, etc creeps who uses the internet to see what is going on with their friends but never discloses anything about herself. I guess I am kind of private in that way.

Still, I thought I might copy her and try my own hand at this. Sarah's blog makes the third that I have followed and admired. My cousins, Betsy and Katie, live in Florida and both have beautiful boys. One is a medical miracle and the other was recently adopted. I have so enjoyed getting to know my cousins through the internet. Falling in love with Andrew and Isaiah made me want to try the blogging thing when I have my own kids. No kids yet, but maybe I should practice.

But what to write about? Like I said, I am a pretty private person. I am not comfortable writing about my every day experiences. My blog needs a focus.

The hit book Julie and Julia gave me a solution to my blog-focus problem. (Excellent book and movie, btw). Julie Powell wrote about her trials and errors in the kitchen and it was awesome! I loath cooking. But I do knit every evening. Knitting is my anchor of sanity. I find some time to do it every day. Counting stiches, feeling the eveness of the yarn, smoothing out finished pieces, knitting always works. I may hit a snag here and there, but (compared to the rest of life) it is always an easy fix.

So here are my adventures in knitting. Maybe my life will sneak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment